What You Know About Computer Input And Output Devices?
Introduction: The computer is a device, which is used to do a different type of task. It is a machine being with some parts to do its works. Some features work as input way and some results as to output way. However, some also work as both input and output way. Now, we are going to know about computer input and output devices.
What is a Computer?
The computer is a machine to perform data processing and different type of jobs, and then it is called the computer. After completing data processing, it turns to information, and people get benefit from it. But the whole process is passing out through some input and output devices. Without these parts, the computer is nothing but a useless machine.
What is Input Devices?
Input devices are called when devices used to supply the instructions and data to the computer for processing, then they are known as the input devices. Depending on job type and data processing, various types of input devices need to attach. Some more user input devices are keyboard, gamepad, cameras, barcode reader, graphic tablets, etc.
List of Input Devices of Computer
Though input devices of a computer vary from one model to another model. But some are similar for all computer models. Here we present the maximum type of input devices of the computer. They are-
- Graphic tablets
- Digital camera
- Video capture hardware
- MIDI keyboard
- Barcode reader
- Magnetic tape drive
- Punch card reader
- MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Reader)
- Electronic Whiteboard
- Pen input
The usefulness of Input Devices
- To input any history or information or data by using the keyboard.
- The touchpad works as an alternative way of a mouse.
- Tracker ball most important for the physical disabilities person.
- To get faster and 3D quality need joystick.
- To input any voice record.
- To input, any document from hardcopy needs a scanner.
- To read any symbolic sign through OMR, OCR or MICR, etc.
What is Output Devices?
Those devices are used to the computer to show the results of any data processing or task, and then they are called output devices. For displaying anything need a monitor, or printer to get a hard copy. All of these are included in the output devices. Monitor or printers are a prevalent type of output devices of the computer. Some other examples are plotters, microfiche, speaker, projector, film recorder, etc.
List of Output Devices of Computer
Output devices need to deliver the output from the data processing. Here we present some particular types of output devices besides the standard types. They are-
- LCD Projection panels
- Monitor (LCD, LED, and CRT, etc.)
- Film recorder
- Visual Display Unit
- COM (Computer Output Microfilm)
The usefulness of Output Devices
- To get the output as a hardcopy from the printer.
- To sketch good quality drawings by the plotter.
- To see all of the things on the monitor.
- To present your presentation before the audience through a projector.
- To hear any announcement or sound from the speaker.
- To make 3D quality graphics.
- To record any important thing by film recorder.
What is Input And Output Devices?
When the devices are attending both operational functions of input and output devices, then they are called input &output devices—for example, modem, facsimile, headsets, audio cards, network cards, etc. What are the both Input & Output Devices?
Already we know about the input devices and output devices of the computer. Now we are presenting some devices that are ready to do work as both input & output devices. They are-
- Touch Screen
- Network cards
- Audio cards
- Sound cards
Conclusion: The computer is a handy machine and to keep balance with a modern digitalized world, and you need a good quality computer. From the above content, we already know about the computer input & output devices and understand the usefulness of these devices.